An informal food blog...

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Fish Tagine

Ingredients:

1lb of fish (Cod, Mullet, Sea bass, Monkfish, Prawns...any combination but no oily fish)
4tbsp olive oil
1 onion
1tsp paprika
Juice of one lemon. Keep the zest.
1tbsp Cumin and Coriander, tomato puree and chopped coriander
Saffron
2 cloves of garlic
2 skinless red peppers
1 fresh fennel
ΒΌ lb potatoes
Other small quantities of your favourite vegetables can be added.


Method:

Marinate the fish cut into 1" chunks overnight or for a couple of hours in olive oil, lemon juice, fresh coriander, saffron or turmeric, garlic and cumin.

Finely chop the onion. Soften it in olive oil. Add some sliced fresh fennel, 2 diced skinless sweet peppers (Refer to Meshwia for method of skinning peppers), chopped garlic, pinch of saffron, pinch of cumin, 1tbsp chopped coriander, 1tsp of blanched lemon zest or pickled lemon, 1tbsp tomato puree, a tsp of paprika, 2 potatoes cut into wedges.

Cover with water, add a fish stock cube and simmer until potatoes are nearly ready.

Add the fish to the Tagine and poach until cooked (5min).

Serve with chopped coriander.

You can add a little chilli if you wish.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hayden said...

ALL of your recipes look good, Cream - but I just haven't been cooking lately. I'm made mental note of a couple however.....

10:59 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Hayden, I've read some of your cookery posts and I know you know about your food!

9:32 AM  
Blogger L'Oiseau said...

I realised I had all the ingredients for this in the fridge (except the red peppers which I'mm off to find now). That'll be dinner tonight for us :)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Anna, I hope it turns out ok.
You can add other vegetables like carrots, beans, etc...
Don't forget to send me recipes of yours to post in this blog!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

oh my goodness cream why didn't I ever click on your blog, it's delicious, we here chez Tat love tagine, I am making this asap....now to read your another blog...

11:31 AM  
Blogger L'Oiseau said...

This was wonderful. I used cod but would do it again with a nice mix of fish. I had to guess a bit with the amounts as you weren't too specific and must have guessed ok!

Didn't add chilli as I have a very fussy frenchman. Though if I was cooking this for friends I'd spice it up a bit!

Merci encore !

2:03 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Tat, I hope you enjoy it with your family.
Anna, I am pleased that you enjoyed the dish especially when the recipe was quite loose. Freedom of expression(!)
I have tweaked it a bit. One lb. of any combination of fish will do.
Pas de quoi!
N'oublie pas de m'envoyer tes recettes preferees.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home